The powerful Online News portal

Around 40,000 Palestinians have been forced to leave their homes because of Israel’s searches in the West Bank. The UN calls this the “largest displacement since 1967.”

158

Palestinian refugees at the UN office for refugees say that Israeli raids in the West Bank have caused the “largest population displacement” since the war in 1967 that led to the occupation of the Palestinian territory.

The UNRWA said in a report released on Sunday that the attacks by Israel over the past few weeks have forced at least 40,000 people to leave their homes, with most of them leaving refugee camps in the occupied West Bank.

The large-scale attack is by far the longest act of Israeli aggression in the West Bank since the start of the second Palestinian Intifada in the early 2000s. It also “caused the largest population displacement since the 1967 war.”

UNRWA also said that Israeli comments made it sound like the military will keep attacking for a while longer and won’t let Palestinians go back to the West Bank refugee camps.

The agency said that “forced conditions, threats of demolition, and evacuation orders” caused more people to leave these camps, which were already almost empty. ” The Israeli Forces continued to use militarized strategies and high-tech weapons, such as tanks.”

On the same day, Israeli troops shot and seriously hurt a Palestinian near the town of Tarqumiyah in the southern West Bank.

The Palestinian Health Ministry said on its Telegram feed that the victim had injuries to the abdomen and was taken to the al-Ahli hospital in the city of al-Khalil.

Israeli forces went on the attack against the occupied West Bank on January 21, saying they were going after the Jenin Battalion of resistance fighters.

Since it started its murderous war on the Gaza Strip on October 7, 2023, Israel has increased violence in the West Bank. In the West Bank, since then, the occupation troops have killed at least 930 Palestinians and hurt almost 7,000 others.

You might also like