Israeli soldiers in Gaza killed another journalist
Israeli troops killed another Palestinian journalist in the Gaza Strip. The government is continuing to attack the area. The Gaza Government Media Office said on Friday that the reporter was a local radio host. With Khaled Abu Zir’s death, Israel has now killed 184 journalists and media workers in Gaza since October 2023.
The press office asked the rest of the world to hold the government responsible for the crimes it committed against journalists and Palestinians. Israel killed two reporters last week. An Israeli bomb hit a group of people near the busy Firas Market in the middle of Gaza City, killing photojournalist Bilal Rajab.
Israel killed Palestinian writer Baraa Ali Daghish when it launched an aerial attack on a house north of the Nuseirat camp in the central Gaza Strip. The Palestinian Journalists Protection Center (PJPC) said on Saturday that the war between Israel and the besieged territory has killed more journalists than any other battle in the last 30 years.
The PJPC also said, “Killing has become the main way to stop journalists in Gaza from speaking out.” Antony Guterres, the Secretary-General of the UN, said that Israel’s killing of journalists was wrong. Guterres asked that they be protected from the genocide that the government is committing on the small piece of coastline that is blocked off.
He stated that the level of killing of journalists in Gaza is unprecedented in any conflict. Reporters who work in the Palestinian area are in more danger because they have to deal with Israeli ground attacks and airstrikes, broken communications, lack of supplies, and power outages while they do their jobs.