The powerful Online News portal

Israel’s airport is hit by missiles from Yemen

2,724

Yemen’s Armed Forces launched a missile attack on the Israeli airbase Nevatim in the southern part of the occupied areas. Israel’s attacks on the people of Palestine and Lebanon prompted this action. Brigadier General Yahya Saree, the spokesperson for the Yemeni Armed Forces, stated on Friday that the army’s missile force in the Negev used the “Palestine-2” hypersonic ballistic missile to “carry out a qualitative military operation targeting the Nevatim airbase.

“He also said, “The missile hit its mark.” Saree also confirmed what the news had said earlier: that the country’s air defenses shot down the US “MQ-9” plane in al-Jawf early Friday morning.

The US military acknowledged earlier in the day that, according to people speaking off-camera, there were videos appearing to show a burning plane falling from the sky and a field of burning debris in a region of al-Jawf province circulating online. The military said it was looking into what happened but wouldn’t say anything else.

Yemeni troops have shot down these types of US planes 12 times since they started their operations in support of Gaza last year. Yahya Saree made these remarks in support of the people of Gaza and Lebanon during protests in the capital, Sana’a.

Almost every week, large groups of Yemenis have held protests in different areas to condemn Israel’s crimes in Gaza and Lebanon and to show their support for their country’s response. Since Israel’s murderous war on the Gaza Strip began in October 2023, the Yemeni military has conducted many operations to aid the war-torn Gazans.

They have attacked targets in the occupied Palestinian territories as well as Israeli ships or vessels heading to ports in the occupied territories. The United States and the United Kingdom have launched numerous strikes against Yemen in an attempt to persuade the country to cease its humanitarian operations in Gaza.

Israeli forces attacked Gaza on October 7, 2023, after the Palestinian resistance group Hamas began Operation Al-Aqsa Storm against the occupying force. This was in reaction to the Israeli government’s decades-long campaign of killing and destroying Palestinians.

So far, the regime’s brutal attack on Gaza has killed at least 43,400 Palestinians, mostly women and children, and hurt over 102,000 more. Many more individuals remain missing and presumed dead beneath the debris. While Israel was killing people in the Gaza Strip in October 2023, it has also been going after Lebanon.

Since the end of September, the regime’s attacks on Lebanon have gotten worse, killing hundreds of people. Hezbollah, the resistance organization in Lebanon, has responded to these attacks by launching numerous attacks on the occupied Palestinian territories.

You might also like