The powerful Online News portal

Iran Warns of ‘New Fronts’ if Fresh Aggression Is Launched Against Country

4

TEHRAN: Iran’s army has warned that new fronts of confrontation will be opened if its enemies launch another military aggression against the country, saying the armed forces are prepared to respond with new tools and methods.

Army spokesman Mohammad Akraminia made the remarks during a public gathering at Valiasr Square in Tehran, according to the army’s public relations department.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran cannot be blockaded or defeated,” Akraminia said.

He warned that if the enemy “commits another folly” and falls once again into what he described as Israel’s trap by attacking Iran, the country’s armed forces would expand the conflict into new fronts using different military approaches and capabilities.

Akraminia also said Iran’s military has treated the current ceasefire period as if it were still wartime, using the opportunity to further strengthen its combat readiness and defensive capabilities.

According to him, Iran’s Armed Forces now maintain full command over the strategic Strait of Hormuz, adding that conditions in the waterway would “never return to the previous state”.

“The only path for the enemy is to respect the Iranian nation and acknowledge the legitimate rights of the Islamic Republic of Iran,” he said.

The latest remarks come amid ongoing tensions following the conflict involving Iran, the United States and Israel earlier this year.

Iran has accused the US and Israel of launching attacks on February 28 targeting military and nuclear-related sites, as well as civilian facilities, including schools and hospitals.

Tehran responded with multiple retaliatory strikes under what it called “Operation True Promise 4” and later introduced new maritime restrictions in the Strait of Hormuz, requiring vessels to obtain Iranian permission before transit.

A ceasefire reportedly brokered by Pakistan has remained in effect since early April, although tensions continue over the reported US naval blockade of Iranian ports.

Iranian officials have repeatedly stated that the Strait of Hormuz will not fully reopen until the blockade ends and a permanent resolution to the conflict is achieved.

You might also like